I'm a naturalista who protective styles A LOT! Working out 3-4 times a week can be tough on my natural hair, mainly because I sweat profusely!! So protective styling it is!! These days, my go to protective styles are wigs. I know I know, I was always against wearing wigs because they always looked so fake and I would be embarrassed if someone found out I was wearing one. I mean back in the day old people were the only ones rocking wigs. LOL!
BUT I've been fortunate enough to have friends who are ridiculously talented in all things beauty. One friend in particular taught me how to cut wigs and weave. The key is to cut it in layers. No one's hair is naturally one length so why wear your wig like that? I get SOOOO irritated when I see women wearing wigs straight out the bag without any type of styling. Ladies, if you want your wigs to look more natural, you HAVE to cut them and tailor it to fit your face.
Check out how I did it:
1. If you purchase a lacefront wig, cut the lace off. It just looks unnatural! lol
2. Make sure the part in your hair aligns with the part in the wig. Your natural part only needs to be out a little. Position the part where you want it. If the part in the wig is initially in the middle and you want a side part, move the wig to the side. You will need to do this before cutting your hair so you know how to cut it. Once you start cutting, do so in layers.
3. Depending on how big the wig is, it may take a while to cut, lol. I think it took me about 20 minutes to get this wig to a satisfactory level. LOL!
4. I could seriously make another wig out of the hair I cut off this wig! LOL!
5. And Woolah!!! I'm done and ready for vacation!!